Web TheFuselage.com

View Full Version : So how does it feel...

hijinx
07-31-2009, 01:40 PM
...being called out by your boss?

TEASING :cool:

Actually, to help get things rolling here - why don't you let us know what exactly you do for the show. Then maybe we'll know what to ask you :biggrin:

sethhoffman
08-02-2009, 02:56 PM
I tried to respond to hijinx's post within the thread she started, but I kept getting an error message saying that I wasn't authorized to do so. Usually I'd be a little more patient and try to play by the rules... but this is my forum. There are no rules! :cool:

So the question is: What's my role on the show? Basically, I'm one of the writers. Co-producer just happens to be my title (there are nine different titles ranging from staff writer up to executive producer. Co-producer is pretty much in the middle). Here's a day in the life: In the mornings, we meet as a writing staff and work on breaking a given episode. That's my favorite part of the job... as one of my friends puts it, "You get paid to sit around a table and make things up." The afternoons are a little more free form. We could be actually writing our episodes. We could be reading a new draft of a co-worker's outline or script. We could be watching dailies. We could be on set watching our stuff get shot. We could be in a pre-production meeting or casting session. Pretty soon, we'll be getting cuts in and we'll need to spend some time on the editing bay as well...

In terms of my role within the writing staff... Prior to getting hired for this job, I was a writer on Prison Break for three years. Like Prison Break, FlashForward had an ensemble cast and an ambitious season-long arc. Since there are those similarities, when we're coming up with episode ideas in the room, I try and relate what worked and what didn't on PB and use that as a point of reference. So if one of our characters comes in with a full body tattoo that explains all the show's mysteries, you'll know who pitched that idea...

Majandra
08-02-2009, 07:02 PM
I tried to respond to hijinx's post within the thread she started, but I kept getting an error message saying that I wasn't authorized to do so. Usually I'd be a little more patient and try to play by the rules... but this is my forum. There are no rules! :cool:

Welcome on board sir! *salutes* ;)

Karri, hijinx or one of the other admins needs to change your status to VIP first. Once that's done you can reply to all the messages here and do all the other fun stuff a VIP can do. ;) Of course you're welcome to post everywhere on this board, no need to stick to your own forum. ;)

Glad you're here and I hope you enjoy your time!

hijinx
08-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Got your reply moved to the appropriate spot (plus Majandra's tagalong :P ) and got you "VIP" status. Should have your font colored all pretty later on today.

Thanks for your reply :) I'll keep an eye out for any tattoo-covered individuals that pop up - especially if they look like Wentworth Miller ;)

sethhoffman
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks, hijinx. I think this is the first time I've been a VIP at anything...