Web TheFuselage.com

View Full Version : The Desmond Drinking Game

Desdemona_83
12-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Welcome, Desmond fans, to the first Unofficial, Non-Sanctioned, but Still Really Smashing Desmond Drinking game! Since we're going to have to wait over a month to get our next Desmond fix, we can still have some fun with the bit of Desmond we've already got.

It can be played alone, but is much more fun (and probably healthier) played with a large group of Desmond lovers.

I'll start us out; please add your own instructions!

Take one drink:
*Every time Desmond finishes a sentence with "yeah"
*Every time Desmond calls someone "brother"

Take two drinks:
*For every scene in which Desmond appears, um, less-than-fully-clothed

Take three drinks:
*When Desmond says "The end!"

Your turn!

ChicaFrom3
12-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Take one drink:
Anytime you hear Mama Cass

Take two drinks:
Anytime Desmond says, "See ya in another life, yeah?"

jheri
12-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Take one drink when he says lift it up
Take two when he smiles

Desdemona_83
12-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Ooh, the smile! Good one.

Take one drink:
*Every time he gives Jack his "creepy" face (you know, when they see each other again for the first time)

Take two drinks:
*Each time he asks, "Are you him?"

Take three drinks:
*Each time he asks, "What did one snowman say to the other snowman?"

Lost_in_Michigan
12-02-2005, 02:10 AM
Take one drink:
*Everytime Desmond is exercising (this includes running up stadium steps and running through the jungle).
*Anytime you see something that reminds you of Desmond in the episodes after he leaves.
*When somebody says his name (this includes Desmond himself).
*Whenever he says "gull" (girl).

Take two drinks:
*When Desmond calls Locke boxman.

Take three drinks
*Everytime Desmond recognizes Jack.

Save The Humans
12-02-2005, 03:04 AM
But Desmond has to come back before you can play! And the reruns won't be HIS reruns this time! :frown:

Melt 4 Jack
12-02-2005, 03:13 AM
Take several drinks because we have to wait 41 days before the next new episode!

Lost_in_Michigan
12-02-2005, 03:34 AM
But Desmond has to come back before you can play! And the reruns won't be HIS reruns this time! :frown:

See, I have every episode of the 2nd season on tape, so I'll just go to MosMoF and start the drinking game from there!

I'm gonna get wasted before Adrift is even over.

Save The Humans
12-02-2005, 04:33 AM
I would be drinking diet vanilla cola. Does that make me ineligible? :D

Desdemona_83
12-02-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm gonna get wasted before Adrift is even over.

LOL!

I would be drinking diet vanilla cola. Does that make me ineligible? :D

'Course not! The game can be played with the drink of your choice, naturally. The goal is to revel in the amazing wonderfulness of Desmond; getting hammered is merely an optional side effect. :D

Save The Humans
12-02-2005, 09:37 PM
I'll remember that when I wake up refreshed, and you wake up with a hangover, and HIC drops by to say, "Hi! Anyone up for breakfast?" :laughing:

Desdemona_83
12-03-2005, 12:36 AM
LOL, if Ian dropped by for breakfast I think that would be remedy enough for any hangover...

No, actually, I'm pleased to say I've never suffered from a hangover. The secret is hydration, hydration, hydration, and it helps to dance off the alcohol ... and I'm half Irish and half Spanish, which is a good combination if you want to be able to hold your liquor! :D

Back to the game:

Take one drink:
*Every time the bunny makes an appearance

Save The Humans
12-03-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm half Irish and half Spanish
And HIC is half Scottish and half Peruvian! Looks like you two DO have some common ground! :D

You might as well go all out, here, and say "every time Desmond shows up in a scene," yeah? :harhar1:

Desdemona_83
12-03-2005, 12:46 AM
LOL, okay, just go ahead and drink all the way through the first three episodes! May the powers that be grant us a Desmond episode soon.

Yes, I posted a message to HIC half in Spanish and half in English and he answered me half in Spanish and half in English! It totally made my day. :biggrin:

Save The Humans
12-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Clever man, that. . . .:smile:

Desdemona_83
12-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Amen. :D

Save The Humans
12-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Wonder how the Cusick's Christmas season is going. Are the parents coming to their place, or vice versa? Is THEIR shopping done? Heck, his wife manages a theater company! Bet it's doing "A Christmas Carol," huh? Could you see HIC as Bob Cratchit? Their youngest kid as Tiny Tim?

I'd love to hear what their version of an English Christmas is. Maybe I'll ask him in his question thread. . . .

stircrazy
12-04-2005, 01:29 AM
LOL, if Ian dropped by for breakfast I think that would be remedy enough for any hangover...

No, actually, I'm pleased to say I've never suffered from a hangover. The secret is hydration, hydration, hydration, and it helps to dance off the alcohol ... and I'm half Irish and half Spanish, which is a good combination if you want to be able to hold your liquor! :D

Back to the game:

Take one drink:
*Every time the bunny makes an appearance

My son is Black, Irish, German, and Mexican... totally Random... His father, who is Mexican can't hold his liquor, but the Irish in me takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.... I hope the child NEVER drinks, but he would be an amazing boxer.

Take a drink everytime someone does something they shouldn't with the computer.. like IM'ing.

Desdemona_83
12-04-2005, 02:17 AM
My son is Black, Irish, German, and Mexican... totally Random... His father, who is Mexican can't hold his liquor, but the Irish in me takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.... I hope the child NEVER drinks, but he would be an amazing boxer.

Take a drink everytime someone does something they shouldn't with the computer.. like IM'ing.

Hey, very cool and diverse combination! One of my best friends is also Mexican and she's gone after two drinks... Also depends a bit on your upbringing. I grew up in the US, but my parents, who are from Europe, have a different attitude towards alcohol than most of my friends' parents did, so I never saw it as this cool thing to which I was denied access because of my age and didn't go alcohol-crazy in high school or college. Even now I don't drink very much, but when I do it doesn't affect me that much. But I will drink to Desmond!

Take one drink:
*Every time Kelvin is mentioned

Desdemona_83
12-04-2005, 02:20 AM
Wonder how the Cusick's Christmas season is going. Are the parents coming to their place, or vice versa? Is THEIR shopping done? Heck, his wife manages a theater company! Bet it's doing "A Christmas Carol," huh? Could you see HIC as Bob Cratchit? Their youngest kid as Tiny Tim?

I'd love to hear what their version of an English Christmas is. Maybe I'll ask him in his question thread. . . .

Ooh, I'd LOVE to see HIC as Mr. Cratchit! I know it's traditional in the UK to do a Christmas "pantomime," which is like a pageant here but it incorporates kind of anachronistic and incongruous elements. If you've seen _Love Actually_ you'll know that there were lobsters and an octopus in the Christmas play!

I think HIC actually got his start in acting by playing a polar bear in a Christmas play... I'd like to see him reprise that role. :D

stircrazy
12-04-2005, 02:26 AM
Hey, very cool and diverse combination! One of my best friends is also Mexican and she's gone after two drinks... Also depends a bit on your upbringing. I grew up in the US, but my parents, who are from Europe, have a different attitude towards alcohol than most of my friends' parents did, so I never saw it as this cool thing to which I was denied access because of my age and didn't go alcohol-crazy in high school or college. Even now I don't drink very much, but when I do it doesn't affect me that much. But I will drink to Desmond!

Take one drink:
*Every time Kelvin is mentioned

Well I started young and can drink most adult men under the table. It's fun to watch. :devil:

I have let my children taste beer, don't hide it from them, let them know about other cultural viewpoints towards drinking and alcohol... the final decision is theirs.

*Drink whenever someone bumps into someone in the jungle*.... it might just be Desmond next time.... Yippee! Kate and Desmond making out.... ummm.....

jbdean
12-04-2005, 02:30 AM
Take on drink everytime Desmond enters the numbers and hits EXCUTE.

Take two drinks everytime Desmond handles a gun.

Take three drinks everytime Desmond does the dishes.

========

Take one drink everytime Desmond says, "You be a good girl, right?"

Take two drinks everytime Desmond shouts, "Just do it!"

Take three drinks (one for each) when Desmond says, "Sick ... as in ill ... as in dead!"

Save The Humans
12-04-2005, 02:34 AM
I think HIC actually got his start in acting by playing a polar bear in a Christmas play... I'd like to see him reprise that role.
Just make sure that if he comes on the LOST set in costume, that Josh Holloway isn't packing a gun! :laughing:

jbdean
12-04-2005, 03:45 AM
Take one drink every time you see Desmond's bunny. :smile:

2 drinks every time he hops out of that bunk bed.

3 drinks every time he says, "Your doctor's got a gun, brotha."

Save The Humans
12-05-2005, 12:44 AM
:bawling:
I'm gonna be the only one sober enough to see Desmond return!

Desdemona_83
12-05-2005, 12:49 AM
I have let my children taste beer, don't hide it from them, let them know about other cultural viewpoints towards drinking and alcohol... the final decision is theirs.

I personally think that's a wise and democratic way to go, but of course everyone has his/her own approach...

Take one drink:
* Every time Desmond gives Locke or Kate an order ("Shut it!" "Get up!" "Do it!")

We're running out of Desmond moments! Note to Creative Team: We need more Desmond! In the name of a good time, we need more Desmond!

Save The Humans
12-05-2005, 12:51 AM
WE NEED DESMOND!! :ranting:

Desdemona_83
12-05-2005, 01:03 AM
WE NEED DESMOND!! :ranting:

I couldn't agree with you more!

Lost_in_Michigan
12-05-2005, 01:25 AM
I third the motion that we need more Desmond.

My mom let me try beer when I was younger. I hated the taste of it! Still do. Right now I'm less then a year away from being legal drinking age, but my mom doesn't really care if I get drunk at parties. Heck, I drank her under the table doing shots of tequila! It's the Irish background :)

I think when my kids get old enough, I'll let them decide for themselves. That's what my mom's been doing lately and I hardly ever drink.

*Chug the whole bottle/can when Desmond comes back!

jbdean
12-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Take 1 drink every time Desmond trips and falls.

Take 2 drinks every time Desmond is seen in his boxer shorts.

Take 3 drinks every time Desmond the "B" word! (Thanks to Desdemona for pointing that out to me! LOL)

Save The Humans
12-05-2005, 02:26 AM
:ranting:
I just :heart: this emoticon! It so perfectly expresses my frustration over not having Desmond as a regular on this show!

I want the producers to show up at my door and tell me: "MERRY CHRISTMAS! Desmond is gonna be a regular, starting in January!" Best present I could possibly get! :biggrin:

Lost_in_Michigan
12-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Dear Santa,
STH, myself, and every other Desmondite would like Desmond to come back as a regular on "Lost" in January.
Much love,
Lost_in_Michigan

PS: There's extra milk and cookies in the deal if you can get Ana off the show.

Drink one:
*whenever Desmond takes a shower.

Drink two:
*whenever Desmond needs a shower.

Save The Humans
12-05-2005, 02:43 AM

Unfortunately (and sadly), she may well end up off the show. Second DUI in Hawaii, which seriously :mad: lawmakers and law officials in that state. Violation of probation conditions for her DUI conviction in L.A. She could very well face jail time--and I don't think the ABC/Disney folks are gonna pull strings for her.

This is NOT the way anyone (least of all, I) wanted this to come down. :frown: But it looks like it may happen. Her court date is Dec. 29. I'm sure everyone's gonna be watching.

As for your other request of Santa--MAKE IT HAPPEN, NICKY! :quylao: !!

Lost_in_Michigan
12-05-2005, 02:49 AM
I heard about the DUI. I think CW will probably be allowed to stay, but MR will probably be fired since this violates her probation, which means possible jail time.

It's not just the DUI, either. She also pleaded no contest to a hit and run! After that and she still drinks and drives? That made me lose whatever respect I had for MR.

Yes, Santa, I've been a good girl this year! Except for all those dirty thoughts about HIC and/or Desmond. But those don't count, right?

jbdean
12-05-2005, 02:56 AM
Dear Santa,
STH, myself, and every other Desmondite would like Desmond to come back as a regular on "Lost" in January.
Much love,
Lost_in_Michigan

Drink one:

Drink two:
PPS: There's cheese cake, eclaires, pizza and a bottle of champagine in it for you if you can pull either off! :24:
Unfortunately (and sadly), she may well end up off the show. Second DUI in Hawaii, which seriously :mad: lawmakers and law officials in that state. Violation of probation conditions for her DUI conviction in L.A. She could very well face jail time--and I don't think the ABC/Disney folks are gonna pull strings for her.

This is NOT the way anyone (least of all, I) wanted this to come down. :frown: But it looks like it may happen. Her court date is Dec. 29. I'm sure everyone's gonna be watching.

As for your other request of Santa--MAKE IT HAPPEN, NICKY! :quylao: !!
Well, it's not how I envisioned her going either. I had my heart set on head first into the DHARMA shark ;) but I won't miss her and will be ticked off if "Hollywood" manages to pull strings for her. Stars should not get special treatment when they break the law.
I heard about the DUI. I think CW will probably be allowed to stay, but MR will probably be fired since this violates her probation, which means possible jail time.

It's not just the DUI, either. She also pleaded no contest to a hit and run! After that and she still drinks and drives? That made me lose whatever respect I had for MR.

Yes, Santa, I've been a good girl this year! Except for all those dirty thoughts about HIC and/or Desmond. But those don't count, right?
Hey, if that's gonna' knock you off Santa's "Nice List" then I guess I'm off the list, too! :biggrin:

Save The Humans
12-05-2005, 03:58 AM
If they count, Santa ain't gonna be visiting ANY of our houses this year! :laughing:

Desdemona_83
12-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Drink one:

Drink two:

LOL, love those! That'll get you smashed in no time. ;) Does anyone else wonder how Desmond manages to get himself so filthy only a couple of hours after he's taken a shower? Not that I'm complaining!

Desdemona_83
12-05-2005, 09:19 AM
If they count, Santa ain't gonna be visiting ANY of our houses this year! :laughing:

:angel: I've been a baaaaad girl, Santa...

ChicaFrom3
12-05-2005, 08:35 PM
:bawling:
I'm gonna be the only one sober enough to see Desmond return!

Don't worry, darlin, I'm a teetotaller so I'll be sober as well. :biggrin:

Hey, if that's gonna' knock you off Santa's "Nice List" then I guess I'm off the list, too! :biggrin:

*coughcough* :blush: :biggrin:

jbdean
12-05-2005, 10:21 PM
LOL, love those! That'll get you smashed in no time. ;) Does anyone else wonder how Desmond manages to get himself so filthy only a couple of hours after he's taken a shower? Not that I'm complaining!
I wondered that, too and thought than when we saw the second eppy, that showed more about what went on down there, that we'd something that got him dirty but no. But his hands sure were dirty when he had that gun at Locke's head. There were some here that thought that proved that there were two Desmonds in the bunker but it just seems to be a continuity error. Maybe there was a scene that showed it and they cut it out.

Oh, what I wouldn't give for all that film of Ian that went on the cutting room floor!

Save The Humans
12-05-2005, 10:27 PM
OOPS! See post below!

Save The Humans
12-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Don't worry, darlin, I'm a teetotaller so I'll be sober as well.
So what's your drink of choice for this game, Chica? Mine's diet vanilla cola! :grin:

Oh, what I wouldn't give for all that film of Ian that went on the cutting room floor!
I'm surprised the producers didn't think of that, Jane--and put the cels up on e-bay! :laughing:

Maybe the extra footage is hidden in another Bible on the Island! :wink1:

Desdemona_83
12-06-2005, 12:00 AM
So what's your drink of choice for this game, Chica? Mine's diet vanilla cola! :grin:

I'll alternate my vodka tonics with diet cherry pepsi... mmm...

Maybe the extra footage is hidden in another Bible on the Island! :wink1:

A film of HIC getting dirty? Hidden in a Bible? Hmmm, methinks that would be walking a dangerous line...

Desdemona_83
12-06-2005, 12:03 AM
I wondered that, too and thought than when we saw the second eppy, that showed more about what went on down there, that we'd something that got him dirty but no. But his hands sure were dirty when he had that gun at Locke's head. There were some here that thought that proved that there were two Desmonds in the bunker but it just seems to be a continuity error. Maybe there was a scene that showed it and they cut it out.

I thought the same thing: "He needs to clean his fingernails!" I agree with you that it's just something the producers overlooked; having two Desmonds is pretty far-out, even for LOST. I wonder what he was doing to get himself so dirty... oooh...

I will not think dirty thoughts
I will not think dirty thoughts
I will not think dirty thoughts...

:hypocrit:

xgirl30
12-06-2005, 12:35 AM
I wonder too.
Thinking about that will give me some pleasant dreams tonight. (so will thinking about him taking a shower to clean up) :wink3:

Save The Humans
12-06-2005, 12:42 AM
I don't know. They fight a lot of wars in the Old Testament. Fighting wars is not a good idea if you want to stay clean! :laughing:

11:41pm Central time = 5:41am London time. The alarm is gonna be waking HIC up pretty soon. Sure hope it's less jarring than the alarm in the bunker! :D

Desdemona_83
12-06-2005, 12:51 AM
I wonder too.
Thinking about that will give me some pleasant dreams tonight. (so will thinking about him taking a shower to clean up) :wink3:

Okay, so maybe I will think some dirty thoughts...

Save The Humans
12-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Well, you could pretend to be the bar of soap. . . .

No, wait. That wouldn't work, would it? :24:

Desdemona_83
12-06-2005, 12:54 AM
I don't know. They fight a lot of wars in the Old Testament. Fighting wars is not a good idea if you want to stay clean! :laughing:

Too true.

11:41pm Central time = 5:41am London time. The alarm is gonna be waking HIC up pretty soon. Sure hope it's less jarring than the alarm in the bunker! :D

You are obsessed! LOL, not that there's anything wrong with that! Mornin' HIC! Wonder what he's having for breakfast. Porridge? Sausage and kippers? Or maybe he'll go the Peruvian route with some instant coffee and a roll (yum...) He needs a good bagel shop...

Desdemona_83
12-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Well, you could pretend to be the bar of soap. . . .

No, wait. That wouldn't work, would it? :24:

:24:

Oh, what I would give to be his bar of soap! Man, now I need a shower! A COLD one!

jbdean
12-06-2005, 01:52 AM
:24:

Oh, what I would give to be his bar of soap! Man, now I need a shower! A COLD one!
I think when we're trying to have clean thoughts, that's not what we mean ... but I could be wrong. ;)

Save The Humans
12-06-2005, 02:32 AM
:lol:
We are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

ChicaFrom3
12-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Oh, to be a bar of soap in that shower... :drool:

Cherry Coke's my preference. :biggrin:

xgirl30
12-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Oh, to be a bar of soap in that shower... :drool:

I'd rather be a person holding the bar of soap in that shower, helping Desmond wash the places he can't reach.:biggrin: (I've got guttermind and I'm proud of it)

Desdemona_83
12-06-2005, 11:46 PM
I'd rather be a person holding the bar of soap in that shower, helping Desmond wash the places he can't reach.:biggrin: (I've got guttermind and I'm proud of it)

Oh, bad xgirl! :24:

"Yeah, right there, that's the spot."

xgirl30
12-07-2005, 12:23 AM
I said I have guttermind. :24:
(It is a nice mental picture though)

Save The Humans
12-07-2005, 02:32 AM
:nono:
Bad girls, Bad, bad girls!

:harhar1:

jbdean
12-07-2005, 05:43 PM
I think you need this, xgirl ... :pimp:

xgirl30
12-07-2005, 06:43 PM
What exactly are you implying? :biggrin: LOL.
(I know I'm probably guilty as charged...I was just wondering)

Save The Humans
12-07-2005, 11:32 PM
She might be suggesting you star in "The Altos," the sequel series to "The Sopranos," xgirl! :lol:

xgirl30
12-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Does that make me Adriana? Or Carmela? (I'm certainly not Janice)

Save The Humans
12-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Well, if you were Adriana, xgirl, you would be DEAD. So I think not! :D

jbdean
12-08-2005, 01:50 AM
What exactly are you implying? :biggrin: LOL.
(I know I'm probably guilty as charged...I was just wondering)
It was for the cigarette ... the old joke about "having a cigarette afterwards." ;)

Save The Humans
12-08-2005, 02:49 AM
OUCH! That hurt, Jane! :D **Ba - BOOM**

We would make lousy mobsters. We can't even "persuade" the Creative Team to sign HIC to a regular's contract! :frown:

xgirl30
12-08-2005, 01:14 PM
It was for the cigarette ... the old joke about "having a cigarette afterwards." ;)

I get it now. (the fact that it was the pimp smiley that you used is what confused me.I guess that's the only one with a cigarette)

jbdean
12-08-2005, 05:51 PM
I get it now. (the fact that it was the pimp smiley that you used is what confused me.I guess that's the only one with a cigarette)
I tried to find another one but if it's there, I didn't see it. LOL

Save The Humans
12-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Grooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooan!

jbdean
12-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Take one drink every time Desmond dumps stuff in the trash.
Take 2 drinks every time Desmond puts his hands to his head.
Take 3 drinks every time Desmond puts his hands on his hips.

Save The Humans
12-10-2005, 10:43 PM
I have an idea! Let's get Desmond to play a game of "I Never" with us! :biggrin:

jbdean
12-12-2005, 03:09 AM
I have an idea! Let's get Desmond to play a game of "I Never" with us! :biggrin:
But to quote a friend of mine ... "He'd have to come back first before he could do that!" :24:

Any idea who I'm quoting, STH? ;)

Save The Humans
12-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Gee, I can't imagine, Jane! :blush:

jbdean
12-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Take one drink anytime Desmond's hair is in his eyes.
Take 2 drinks everytime Desmond throws things out of the bookcase.
Take 3 drinks everytime desmond crosses himself.

Save The Humans
12-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Drink the whole danged bottle of diet vanilla cola when DESMOND COMES BACK! :biggrin: