Web TheFuselage.com

View Full Version : a tiger's stripes never change, or a tiger never changes his stripes?

lostinchitown
02-08-2006, 10:29 PM
this was the ONE episode i didnt tape, so i cant go review it.

which pisses me off.

so was the recurring quote..

"A tiger's stripes never change"

or

"A tiger never changes his stripes"

????

i normally wouldnt care, but i liked the quote, and now it really pisses me off that i didnt remember.

tahnx in advance.

TheDome
02-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Pretty sure it was "A tiger never changes his stripes, you run, I con."

lostinchitown
02-08-2006, 10:39 PM
thanx a billion.

that's what i was leaning towards.

Accidental Tourist
02-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Hehe, reminds me of when Calvin (from the Calvin&Hobbes comic strip) said about Hobbes, "you can take the Tiger out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the Tiger." Mwaha! Love dem tiger quoteables! :biggrin:

Chrono333
02-08-2006, 10:52 PM
The quote was "You run, I con. A tiger don't change her stripes."

Check it out, as well as many others at my site, www.theislandoflost.com

lostinchitown
02-08-2006, 10:54 PM
you guys rock.

my quote problem is solved.

Chrono333
02-09-2006, 12:59 AM
Oops, sorry. It's not "her stripes", it's "his".

megalynn44
02-09-2006, 11:59 AM
"You run. I con. A tiger doesn't change its stripes."

That very well could be the best Skate line ever. So succinct.

The funny part is, that whole speech Kate gave him about how he can't stand for people to like him, I was thinking man she so has him pegged. Then he goes and says something like that and it's also dead on.

This makes me wonder. Who's right? Is Kate right that he's a good person that just won't try?

Or is Sawyer right that it doesn't matter what they try to do? In Kate's case to be good. They will always be what they are, a runner, and a con.

Slopster53
02-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Sawyer isn't all bad, that I think I know for sure. He has done a few notable non-selfish things on the island. That line I think was just said to make even Kate hate him alittle.

Jenner
02-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I think it's a little of both. Sawyer cons partly because he's really good at it and it's like an instinct, and partly because it helps him keep up that image so that others don't like him.

Kate runs out of fear, but if she could let down her guard she would realize that everything is ok(as long as she's on the island anyways)

It's just a struggle of who they really are deep down and who life has made them out to be.
In my opinion anways....what are others' thoughts?