Web TheFuselage.com

View Full Version : Saturday Night Live (SNL)

zentrxtr
08-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Who do you think will be or should be the first LOST cast member to host SNL? Personally, my vote would have to be for Josh. For one thing he seems to have a great sense of humor about himself and about life, fame, etc. Of course his nicknames as a joke is a bit obvious! Evangeline would be great too! ;)

islandchica
08-28-2006, 12:51 AM
I think Evie would be really good, but Dom has a natural sense of humor, so he'd be great as well.

zentrxtr
08-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Yes, I bet it will be Dom! And he is a natural comic!

LostIslandBaby
08-28-2006, 01:06 AM
I can see Jorge Garcia as well! I haven't watched SNL in the longest time, but I definetely will watch if one of the Lost actors hosted.

zentrxtr
08-28-2006, 01:24 AM
It is still funny as hell. New talent all the time...

Blue Coral
08-28-2006, 08:03 AM
I would love to see Dom or Josh on the show hosting.

My favorite seasons were when Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Phil Hartman...the rest of them...I love those episodes.

I also like the ones with Molly Shannon, Will Farrel and Cheri O'teri and Jimmy Fallon. Those are really funny as well.

zentrxtr
08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
They haven't done Appalachian Emergency Room for a while. Maybe Josh could come in with a big, goofy guy-related injury!

strwbrryflke86
08-28-2006, 10:38 PM
My vote definitely goes to Josh or Dom. I think either one of them hosting would be hilarious. I wonder how long it will be before we see a Lostaway hosting.

LostIslandBaby
08-28-2006, 10:51 PM
I would like to see any of them on SNL but Hurley would be really good, I think. I just saw the Hurley Emmy skit with Conan O'Brien...hilarious!

zentrxtr
08-28-2006, 10:54 PM
I would like to see any of them on SNL but Hurley would be really good, I think. I just saw the Hurley Emmy skit with Conan O'Brien...hilarious!
I keep hearing about it and I want to see it! YouTube doesn't have it yet that I can find and I hate Realplayer (all I have)... :mad: Jorge seems like someone you'd love to be friends with!

Island Dreamer
08-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Josh and Matthew Fox both have movies coming out, maybe if they do really good at the box office they'll have one of them up there(like when they had Jack Black when King Kong did well etc.).:cool:

zentrxtr
08-30-2006, 05:31 PM
I finally got to see Jorge in the Emmy script... so funny! I bet you're right, Dreamer. It will be whoever gets the first blockbuster! Because somebody's career is going to be the Big Breakout, it's just a matter of time! :coolgleamA: :photo:

Drake
09-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Jorge would be great on SNL. He was good on the few episodes of Becker I saw.

zentrxtr
09-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Jorge would be great on SNL. He was good on the few episodes of Becker I saw.
That is the first we saw him, wasn't it?! I remember knowing that when the show came out. He was one of the best things about that show. He fit right in with the all the eccentric busybodies at the coffee shop!

SayidSawyerFan
09-11-2006, 08:58 AM
I haven't watched a full ep of SNL for ages, but I've seen some skits online and there've been some absolutely hilarious ones like Jingleheimer Junction with Cameron Diaz on the show. Cameron, Will Ferrell and I can't remember who the other two cast members were are wearing shirts with a letter on (U,K, C and F) and Tim Meadows was trying to keep them from spelling the F-word.

Blue Coral
09-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I haven't watched a full ep of SNL for ages, but I've seen some skits online and there've been some absolutely hilarious ones like Jingleheimer Junction with Cameron Diaz on the show. Cameron, Will Ferrell and I can't remember who the other two cast members were are wearing shirts with a letter on (U,K, C and F) and Tim Meadows was trying to keep them from spelling the F-word.

OMG I LOVE that skit! It was hilarious. What made it funny was how cheery they were and how realistic Tim Meadows was. Like, come on now, how are you going to spell that word on a KIDS show, lol.

I'm laughing just thinking about that one.

SayidSawyerFan
09-11-2006, 05:22 PM
OMG I LOVE that skit! It was hilarious. What made it funny was how cheery they were and how realistic Tim Meadows was. Like, come on now, how are you going to spell that word on a KIDS show, lol.

I'm laughing just thinking about that one.
I think I teared up with laughter the first time I saw it. I still laugh at it a little too much. The Behind the Music with Blue Oyster Cult is another hilarious one. Oh man. "I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!" What really gets me is the Chicken of the Sea "commercial" with Jessica Simpson. I love that one so much. I've got it on the SNL Commercial Parodies DVD. There's this old "commercial" from, I think, 1993 that I'd love to see again for some Nerf toy. I think it was called the Nerf Crotch Rocket or Nerf Crotch Missile. I think some of the best SNL stuff is from the early 90s.

Blue Coral
09-12-2006, 09:59 AM
I think I teared up with laughter the first time I saw it. I still laugh at it a little too much. The Behind the Music with Blue Oyster Cult is another hilarious one. Oh man. "I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

OMG You're bringing up some GREAT skits! LOL. Will Ferrel was hilarious! And wasn't it even more funny that the rest of them kept holding back their laughter to keep in character? lol Will was so serious. And Christopher Walken was hilarious. omg, lol.

I think some of the best SNL stuff is from the early 90s.

I agree!

LOL, Chris Farley, David Spade and Adam Sandler dressing up like girls working in the mall? Sitting in the food court talking?

Chris in a girly,valley-high voice, "Stop hoggin all the fries," he says as he eats them all. It was like he wasn't ashamed to be so big and we laughed at that! omg, that was so funny.

SayidSawyerFan
09-13-2006, 08:57 AM
LOL, Chris Farley, David Spade and Adam Sandler dressing up like girls working in the mall? Sitting in the food court talking?
The Gap Girls!

BTW, that Nerf thing I was talking was for the Nerf Crotchbat. I looked it up online. There was another "commercial" that I'd like to see again for some delivery company kind of like FedEx where if you've forgotten to mail something for your boss, you can give it to this company and they'll make the package or letter look like it's been around the world. They'll put dirt on it, make bootmarks on it and put stamps from foreign countries on it.
Do you remember Matt the motivational speaker? "I live in a van down by the river."

Blue Coral
09-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Do you remember Matt the motivational speaker? "I live in a van down by the river."

LOL He was great! I have the dvd of the Best of Chris Farley RIP.

That man was so funny. It's such a shame that he died. Really, it is. Him and Phil Hartman and all the funny people that died from the show.

I want to watch those skits again! lol

SayidSawyerFan
09-14-2006, 08:20 AM
I'm sure you can find stuff if you Google Saturday Night Live.
I think it was funny that in the Debbie Downer skit when Lindsay Lohan was on, she was trying hard not to laugh. I've got this Britney Spears videotape that's got a few of her SNL skits. I love the one where she and Tim Meadows are auditioning dancers for her tour and Chris Kattan and I think Chris Parnell are auditioning. Absolutely hilarious. They take some of her lyrics a little too literally. If you can find the skit online, you'll see what I mean.

Blue Coral
09-14-2006, 09:20 AM
omg I saw that one and it was so funny!

And I liked the Lindsay Lohan one when she did Harry Potter and she was an over-developed Hermoine...rofl...that was classic...

I loved Chris Kattan's MANGO! I can't believe I forgot that one, lol.

"NO says the Mango!"

Matt Damon was in love with him, pretending to be Ben Affleck omg, lol, and I loved the one with Garth Brooks...that was too funny!

OH and when JLo hosted. That was so funny. Will Ferrel told Lorne "I just want to take a bite out of that rump roast!" LOL

Oh and Tracy Morgan was hilarious. I can go on forever with this show!

LOSTrocksmyREDSOX
09-14-2006, 04:05 PM
I was going to get producer tickets that is where you got to go backsatge or something, and you get to see the dress rehersal then the acual thing.

SayidSawyerFan
09-15-2006, 08:32 AM
omg I saw that one and it was so funny!
Which one?
And I liked the Lindsay Lohan one when she did Harry Potter and she was an over-developed Hermoine...rofl...that was classic...
That was pretty funny.

Some of their commercials are so gross like that one for Litter Critters. Taco Town was pretty silly and ridiculous. The taco sounded really good until they had it wrapped in a French crepe, then a pizza and then a blueberry pancake. I love the Tressant Supreme commercial.

Blue Coral
09-15-2006, 11:38 AM
Which one?

I was talking about the one you mentioned with the auditions with Britney Spears. Hilarious!

Ugh the commercials were gross! Remember, Oops I crapped my pants! for old people diapers, lol. And the clear gravy stuff imitating clear pepsi, omg.

I was going to get producer tickets that is where you got to go backsatge or something, and you get to see the dress rehersal then the acual thing.

That sounds really cool sox. I didn't know you could do see the dress rehearsal, that would be very funny to see.

addicted2much
09-15-2006, 12:16 PM
I haven't watched the show in a while ,but I have seen some things on you tube.

The Natalie Portman rap was hilarious and the civil war skit with Colonel Lingus almost killed me. :biglaugh:

SayidSawyerFan
09-15-2006, 03:48 PM
I was talking about the one you mentioned with the auditions with Britney Spears. Hilarious!
Ok. :) I forget what it is that Tim says when he gets ticked off with the guys. It was something like "If we don't move along, I'm going to have to shoot myself in the face." That gets me.
Ugh the commercials were gross! Remember, Oops I crapped my pants! for old people diapers, lol. And the clear gravy stuff imitating clear pepsi, omg.
Oops! was sick. I've never seen that gravy one or at least I don't think I have.

Did you see the Black Eyed Peas commercial where you can hire them to play for different events and parties? "Let's get Bar Mitzvahed! Let's get Bar Mitzvahed in here!" "No no no no, don't phunk with Pfizer!"

Aurora10
12-17-2006, 02:48 AM
Justin hosted tonight. :w00t: I don't know what it is but the writers strike gold when he's hosting. lol All of the skits were really funny. It was good to see Jimmy Fallon back with Barry Gibb. :lol2: Omletville/Homelessville...hahahahaha!

Performances = pure greatness

Superman
12-17-2006, 11:29 AM
yeah Justin always is a great host... the 80s song digital short was hilarious, i couldn't stop laughing :lol2: 1. cut a hole in the box 2. put your junk in that box :lol:

Aurora10
12-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Their outfits and hair!!! :roflmao: That's some good stuff right there.

Superman
12-17-2006, 09:27 PM
the hilarious part of that chorus is when they throw their hands up after they say "box" :lol:

SayidSawyerFan
12-19-2006, 08:59 PM
That song was so hilarious! I've got the MP3 of it on my player.

Superman
12-19-2006, 09:17 PM
i have the video of it on my myspace... the unedited version lol

SayidSawyerFan
01-04-2007, 09:02 AM
I've got the edited and unedited versions of the video bookmarked.

fenwayfan
01-08-2007, 04:39 PM
that song was soo funny. and i have to share this story...my buddy just adopted a cat from a shelter and it's name is richard. when you pick a cat up from a shelter they put it in a box...

well since it is named richard...can you guess what we were singing during the car ride? hahahah

SayidSawyerFan
01-27-2007, 08:04 AM
That's hilarious.