The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Etc. > Chit Chat > Chat Groups
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Chat Groups Chat Groups and Ships

Old 02-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #1441
Lost_in_DeLandFla
Economy

Additional Info
Stats
Re: The Council of Elders: Lost Fans Age 35 & Over - Lucky Thread #7

Today is MOC's BIRTHDAY!!!

Squeeeee.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNSHINE!
:birth day:

Old 02-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #1442
ame en peine
Gazing skyward in
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

And a belated Happy Birthday to moc!!

I had a lovely birthday, spent with my family. And the day after spent a day out with my twin- movies, lunch, shopping. There was no snow on the ground, an easy day to get around. Very rare for February.

We saw "This Means War" - very funny, very good movie. We've also been catching up on Downton Abbey and The Tudors. And with the Roku, catching up on movies that I had missed. Like '300', which was incredible..

I hope everyone is doing well.. Guinnie, still and always in my prayers..

Doing fine here. Winter, but it's been a very mild one. No kicking snowbanks and cursing. Not yet sunbathing between the snowbanks (brrrrrrrrrrrrr!) Just keeping busy and trying to appreciate each day, even the wintery cold ones. Every day it's a little sunnier, a little brighter in the morning. And every night the sun sets a bit later. I love that. Spring will be here soon.

Happy Leap Day everyone!! Today is an extra day to do something extraordinary. Spend it well!!

Love to you all, ame

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
"The Little Prince", by Antoine de Saint-Exupury
Old 02-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #1443
Ebdim9th
A yellow labrador in
Premium Economy
beefright

Additional Info
Stats

I am very sorry Guinevere to hear about your health problems, mine seem minor in comparison...

Sobek says, "Locke is our Pharoah!" B.A.L.D. D.O.L.T.'s love Destiny Locke
Beating heroin was child's play, compared to beating your childhood - Eddie Dean/The Wastelands ~ Stephen King
>:"The hatch is angry!" -- The StormCellar
F/Benry and Tom 4ever!
"This is a first for me. My Valentines usually come with a heartfelt restraining order." - Xander (Buffy tVS)
"Loop, dude, loop." - Hurley (to Jack) "Lockdown"
"I'm saying, have you ever been chased through 8 countries in 12 days?" - Rachel Blake (to DJ Dan)

(Down in) the Basement # 11
Old 03-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #1444
Lost_in_DeLandFla
Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Happy Wednesday friends. How is everybody doing?

Roll call!

I'm plugging along. Kids are getting big, doing well with school. We are about to celebrate our 20th anniversary, gearing up for the kids Shakespeare play (I have 30+ costumes--renaissance costumes--to sew).

I am hobbling these days. I think my younger days, when I taught high impact aerobics, are catching up with me. I am very afraid that I will need a hip replacement. Since I am very young to get this done, it may mean trouble in the future. Unfortunately, I am so miserable now, that there really isn't another option. Any of you guys have this done? Recovery time? I have put it off because my life is just so busy with the kids, but now I am limited in most of my activities because I simply can't move without pain...yuck!

What else, my van needs a new transmission..YUCK. On a positive note, the azaleas in my yard are glorious, I got the yucky wood in my kitchen ripped out and I have tile again--thank God, and the kids are healthy. Oh, and Ame is a werewolf.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #1445
ame en peine
Gazing skyward in
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

NOT-SO-PRIVATE AME REPORTING FOR DUTY.... MA'AM!!

Oh LID, sorry.. A hip replacement? So sorry!!! I know the technology is great now, titanium hips and all! You can think of it as being part superhero! The HIPpest superhero in the land.. I remember a couple of customers at the bank got it done.. They work you right out of the gate to get you back on your feet, and both said they were glad they did it.. If your life is being held back from pain, then fight back. Wish I could clone myself and come down to be your nurse.. I'd get you back up in no time
(Nurse Ratched)

Whoa, you're sewing 30 Ren costumes? Jeez, I'm pretty sure you're going to break a Guinness Record. (Cuz yer gonna drink at least 6 pints of Guinness when yer done!! hic) That's devotion, I can't even imagine. You do great work, I love your costumes...

New tranny? blargh.. We all need to send some positive thoughts to you.

Me.. Yes, I'm a werewolf now I was playing with the webcam on my computer, you can pick all sorts of face overlays.. One made my face twist up, then my eyes turn yellow and it turned me into a werewolf! I almost threw the computer in the air! So LID and family took one of my facebook photos and turned me into a werewolf! They put hair on me everywhere, and bloody fangs and ears. It was AWESOME!

What else... Just TCB, busy at work and trying to get everything done..

The birds are returning and spring feels close.. Can't wait to be able to lay out in the sun.

Tom - how are you doing? Did the tornadoes come near you? I was sending up prayers for you all down there..

Prayers to you all and all my love,
ame

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:18 AM   #1446
God's tom
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_in_DeLandFla View Post
I am very afraid that I will need a hip replacement. Since I am very young to get this done, it may mean trouble in the future. Unfortunately, I am so miserable now, that there really isn't another option. Any of you guys have this done? Recovery time? I have put it off because my life is just so busy with the kids, but now I am limited in most of my activities because I simply can't move without pain...yuck!

I can identify, LID...My right knee has gotten so bad, I'm wondering if I'm gonna need a knee replacemant...or simply quit my job and start the process of getting on disability. I'm gonna have to do something soon.
(Listen to all us elders falling apart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ame en peine View Post

Tom - how are you doing? Did the tornadoes come near you? I was sending up prayers for you all down there..

No problem with tornados...we DID have the mother of all hailstorms, though!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #1447
ame en peine
Gazing skyward in
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

Hi all,
Haven't checked in for a while but could have sworn I had! Elder memory, not so good..

It's been a busy time here with work.. A confluence of a few different things coming together and some days it feels like the rapids are steering the boat and I have no oars. Once June comes about it will be better.. Just a busy time and busy is good.

Sis and I are both on a fitness path.. Lost 7 pounds so far, and she's done great too.. We go to the hospital to get her weighed once a month and next time will be the first since the baseline; I'm sure she's beating me. Her measurements are shrinking faster than mine. Really trying to be good. It's not easy. Need to step up my game with workouts...

How's everyone doing? Did everyone have a nice Easter?

I made the executive decision to go out to brunch. It was the first holiday I can remember where we went out, and the first holiday in a long time where I didn't have to cook! Didn't have to lift a finger - It was divine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's tom View Post
I can identify, LID...My right knee has gotten so bad, I'm wondering if I'm gonna need a knee replacemant...or simply quit my job and start the process of getting on disability. I'm gonna have to do something soon.
(Listen to all us elders falling apart!)
Yikes, I could have sworn I replied here Tom.. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.. Must have been me checking in at 4am here, and dreaming that I wrote back.

Sorry your knee has gotten so bad. How is it now? Any improvement, or if not any idea on what to do?

Yup, elders fall apart. That's what we do and we're GREAT at it. It's our job and no one can take that away from us (although seriously, it's one we would gladly pass on to someone else!)

Quote:
No problem with tornados...we DID have the mother of all hailstorms, though!
I remember seeing that on the news.. And more tornadoes since, including last night. I know that wasn't your region but wow, it sure seems like Mother Nature is not happy lately.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #1448
God's tom
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ame en peine View Post
How's everyone doing? Did everyone have a nice Easter?

Sorry your knee has gotten so bad. How is it now? Any improvement, or if not any idea on what to do?

We had a wonderful Easter! And I've been on vacation for the last 4 days!
Went to a double feature on Friday...saw The Three Stooges and The cabin in the woods.
Both were excelent! (So was the popcorn!)

The knee has actually gotten better, so I dont think I'm looking at a knee replacement in the imediate future. probably just strained it.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #1449
ame en peine
Gazing skyward in
Business Class

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
We had a wonderful Easter! And I've been on vacation for the last 4 days!
Went to a double feature on Friday...saw The Three Stooges and The cabin in the woods.
Both were excelent! (So was the popcorn!)

The knee has actually gotten better, so I dont think I'm looking at a knee replacement in the imediate future. probably just strained it.
Ooooh, Cabin in the Woods looks awesome. Joss Whedon, hard to go wrong with him.

Next up, I can't wait for Prometheus.. It started as a precursor to the Alien(s) series. Great advance word on it.. Love the little teaser videos they've been sending out..

Very glad your knee is improving and that surgery shouldn't be necessary...

Still busy with work and home chores/construction here.. Trying to get most everything done in time for summer so we can relax and enjoy.. Can't wait to swim in the pool and enjoy the warm nights!

Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #1450
Guinevere
Beginning to see the light
First Class
Thank you Lost for 6 wonderful years!!

Additional Info
Stats

Hey guys!! I'm still alive and kickin'! I start a third regimen in fighting this cancer but wanted you to know that I think of this place often. It's just by the time I check FB and the cancer forum and the ostomy forum, I'm pretty much done in. Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes!

Where in the world are all the smilies we used to have?? We're down to one page of generics?? I guess this is a question for the admins though and so I will go pose it.

Love you all so much and I can't believe it's been 2 years since Lost finished!