The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Ask the Staff > Got Questions for the Lost VIPs? > For the Lost Creative Team > For Gregg Nations
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

For Gregg Nations For Gregg Nations. Script Coordinator.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
bigmouth
DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Eloise Clarification (No Spoilers)

Gregg,

A lot of viewers, myself included, are confused about what happened to Eloise the mouse. Did Daniel ever actually teach her the maze -- e.g., during the period that Desmond was unconscious? Or did Eloise die before Dan had the chance to do so?

I was hoping you might shed some light on this question since it involves clarification of events we've seen, rather than any spoilers. Thanks for your consideration, and keep up the great work!

best,
Bigmouth
Old 02-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Gregg Nations
VIP

Additional Info
VIP
Stats
Re: Eloise Clarification (No Spoilers)

Faraday did tell Eloise the rat the maze, we just didn't see it. Then of course she died. Very sad...
Old 02-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
bigmouth
DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Eloise Clarification (No Spoilers)

Very sad indeed! But also telling because it confirms that Daniel avoided logical paradox by completing the causal loop. I had begun to wonder if the deaths by hemorrhage were the universe nipping nascent paradoxes in the bud. The test of this hypothesis was whether Daniel ever actually taught Eloise the maze. If he had not, it might indicate that her death was indeed the universe course correcting.

Your gracious reply confirms that Daniel did so, apparently falsifying this hypothesis. It thus seems likely that Eloise, like Minkowski and Charlotte, died from hemorrhages that resulted from them being unstuck in time. Ago gratias tibi,* Gregg!

best,
B

*Otherspeak for "I thank you."