I figured I'd start this thread up again. I know there was at least one for last season and it's interesting to see how everyone perceives the different episodes of the season.
1. The Incident (5.16 /17)
2. Because You Left (5.1)
3. Follow the Leader (5.15)
4. Jughead (5.3)
5. The Little Prince (5.4) Very Enjoyable
6. The Variable (5.14) 7. Dead is Dead (5.12)
8. This Place is Death (5.5)
9. The Lie (5.2) Enjoyable
10. 316 (5.6)
11. Namaste (5.9)
12. The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham (5.7) Okay / Mixed Feelings
13. Some Like It Hoth (5.13) 14. LaFleur (5.8) Did not enjoy 15. Whatever Happened, Happened (5.11)
16. He's Our You (5.10)
Episodes (5.1) - (5.5): I loved the opening episodes, along with the new bunch, mostly due to the fact of the quick pace and many plot elements. The epic story of the Oceanic Six realizing they had to go back and the left-behinds flashing through time was very exhilarating.
Episode (5.6) I enjoyed 316, but felt everything went along too smoothly. It was really cool that they were about to go back, but it just didn't feel right.
Episode (5.7) Although the Widmore plotline was interesting, Locke just seemed to be complaining to everyone, and what we saw was nothing like what was forshadowed last season about having to go back. I wish the original order wasn't switched, as this episode should have definitely gone before 316.
Episode (5.8) LaFleur was a little slow, but it was necessary to show how some of the Losties were stuck on the Island for three years. They seem to have situated themselves in DHARMA nicely.
Episode (5.9) Namaste was great. It was tense trying to get Jack, Kate, and Hurley into their cover. 316's landing was pretty sweet, and I enjoyed the plot-line with Ben, Sun and Frank.
Update for (5.10)He's Our You - Very boring episode. The only thing that took my attention was Sayid's interrogation and the flaming bus, which winded up with Ben being shot. Everything else in the episode seemed to be complete filler. Especially Sayid's flashbacks - were any of these really needed? Come on.
Update for (5.11)Whatever Happened, Happened - Another mostly boring episode sadly. The stuff with Kate and Cassidy was easily predicted, and seemed to be filler for me. I figured Jack would not help Ben. The only interesting part of the this episode, once again, happened with less than 5 minutes left: Ben being given to Richard.
Update for (5.12)Dead is Dead - After the past two episodes, and being mostly stuck in Dharmaville, a Ben-centric episode was a welcome change. I enjoyed the dialogue between Locke and Ben. The flashbacks with Widmore on the Island were certainly interesting, not to mention the situation Frank seems to have landed himself in. My favorite part of the episode was under the Temple, with all of the hieroglyphics and Smokey. While not many questions were answered, there is plenty to think about.
Update for (5.13) Some Like it Hoth - My expectations were failry low for this episode, but to my liking I was a little surprised. Although was more of a borish-slow episode, I enjoyed the reveal of that 316-er guy talking to Miles, which seems to be confirming a third side to the war, or the 'game?' It was cool seeing the Orchid and Swan as well. The dead guy was a trick by the previews, but I'm not really bothered by that. I like the idea that LaFleur and Co. are possibly about to get into deep trouble, and Faraday coming back was awesome!
Update for (5.14) The Variable - Losties running through the jungle, Jack fixing things, Faraday talking about the Islands mythos, the boring Dharmaville with action and suspense! Check, check, check, check, check! With most of the characters back in-character, acting normally, and the plot moving quickly towards the finale, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Desmond living and finding out Widmore fathered Daniel was an added bonus.
Update for (5.15)Follow the Leader - I was expecting a slower, more of a set-up episode but I was extremely surprised. Not only was the pace fast, but it was full with plot elements and nods to each of the previous seasons. After I have expressed disappointment with the fact that every other episode we see either the 316ers or Dharmites, I have very pleased to see both parties equally through this episode. The whole episode kept my heart racing, and I can't wait for the finale.
Update for (5.16- 5.17) The Incident - Awesome start with Jacob and Smokey-Man. Jacob being shown at crucial moments of the Losties lives was very awesome. Initially I didn't like the reveal that Locke is fake, since it was so predictable, but I really enjoy the idea (as long as we'll still see Terry through S6). The flash / bomb going off at the end was crazy, and I hate them for ending it that way! Overall, great finale. It slowed down a bit in the first part of the second half, but picked up again. There's so much to say, but I'll leave it at that.
- - -
I thought I'd also put the numbers for the viewers in the US corresponding to each episode. While I don't think they are very important, they're interesting to look at.
Live + Same Day ratings:
[11.465] Because You Left [11.465] The Lie [11.294] Jughead [10.992] The Little Prince [9.888] This Place is Death [11.463] 316 [10.120] The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham [10.668] LaFleur [9.444] Namaste [9.073] He's Our You [9.582] Whatever Happened, Happened [8.597] Dead is Dead [9.234] Some Like It Hoth [9.037] The Variable [8.703] Follow the Leader [9.478] The Incident
Live + 7D ratings:
Most viewed: [13.316] Because You Left [13.316] The Lie Least viewed: [10.395] Dead is Dead
LOST: The End. What a great ride it was.
"Do you know how badly I want to counsel you right now?" Titus Welliver to Mark Pelligrino
"Nothing's irreversible." Jack "It only ends once." Man In Black Mesa
Last edited by Mesa; 07-27-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Reason: fixed a few things
Dead is dead
This Place is Death
The life and Death of Jeremy Bentham Very Enjoyable
Because You left
The Little Prince
1. The Lie (5.2) - gripping, excellent second half of premiere; great scenes with Sayid/Hurley and Hurley with his mom
2. The Little Prince (5.4) - both interesting off-island with the O6 and on-island with the time jumping; perfect balance
3. Because You Left (5.1) - slightly slow start to the premiere but still great
4. Jughead (5.3) - again, both cool scenes in the past and with Desmond in the present; not as good as previous Desmond installments
5. Follow the Leader (5.15) - great that everyone shows up in this episode and exciting build-up to the finale
6. Namaste (5.9) - fun watching Sawyer take on a leadership role in helping Jack, Kate and Hurley to assimilate; plus we got to see Frank and Sun
7. The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham (5.7) - didn't like the scenes in the present, but Locke's flashbacks were great especially the ending with Ben and the scenes with Abbadon... I do wish we had seen Locke tell more to the O6 to help us understand why they returned; that would have redeemed 316
8. Dead is Dead (5.12) - solid episode with lots of mythology, excellent acting from Ben and Locke, and guest appearance by Alex; didn't like inconsistencies with Danielle or new plane survivors
9. Some Like It Hoth (5.13) - a solid episode with an interesting look at Mile's past
10. LaFleur (5.8) - slow start and not very likeable Dharma characters but good second half
11. Whatever Happened, Happened (5.11) - good flashbacks, but not sure why everyone was so intent on saving little Ben
12. The Variable (5.14) - maybe because I was expecting a lot based on the name, but flashbacks could have been more moving and interesting, and the guns should never have been brought out
13. The Incident (5.16) - disappointing season finale... certain parts were slow, scenes were disjointed, horrible gunplay returned and character motivations were wonky; however, some great parts with Jacob and heartbreaking ending with Juliet
14. This Place is Death (5.5) - Danielle scenes were disappointing without original actress and I was hoping for more scenes of Sun; however, liked the time jumping with Sawyer, Locke and the gang on the island
15. 316 (5.6) - was hoping for an epic episode, but found it lacking in emotional impact since we don't know why these people are returning
Did not enjoy/Disliked 16. He's Our You (5.10) - disappointing... I usually like Sayid episodes the most but none of Sayid's actions made sense in this one, plus the flashbacks were predictable and did not develop Sayid's character or have much depth
Last edited by lowerstreet; 05-16-2009 at 09:51 PM.
1) This Place is Death. Amazing episode. Great Acting, excellent shots of Danielle's story, great acting by Mader and really everyone for that matter.
2) Jughead. Just awesome. I wish we could have stayed in the fifties longer with young Eloise and Young Widmore.
3) The Lie
4) Because You Left
6) The Little Prince
7) 316. Good, but overrated. I appreciate the mystery behind how they actually all ended up on the plane so easily, but we were waiting for a little more information. Had a very eerie feel to it. Liked Ray Shepard.
9) He's Our You
Negative Infinity) The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham. This episode was pathetic and did not belong in the Lost Series. 90% predictable or things we knew already, dull acting and scenery, and poor execution of events that were really hyped up when they were mentioned previously, specifically in season 4. Easily in the top 5 worst of the series, down there with Adrift and Fire+Water.
I meant scenes above, not scenery. The scenery was alright.
Last edited by wing2871x; 03-28-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Reason: Automerged Doublepost
3. The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham
4. Because You Left
5. This Place Is Death
6. The Lie
7. He's Or You.
9. The Little Prince
11. Whatever Happened Happened
Fav. 1.He's Our You
2.The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham
3.This Place is Death
5.Because You Left
9.Whatever Happened, Happened
10.The Little Prince
Least fav. 11.LaFleur
This is my current list, but I think next week's Ben-centric episode will top my list.